Sunday, May 17, 2015

Play With Your Food


Walking thorough a parking lot, saw this, loved the colors, shapes, needed the photo. Thank you phone.  So, trash or art?  The is not retouched - could be cleaned up a bit.  Still, idea for a series?

Anyway, that photo was a week ago and this post is really about something else. 

Friday night I went to a street festival-ish thing with some friends and played some vegetables.  "Dave" had his set up in front of a culinary center, appropriately enough. It was vegetables hooked up to a computer and an amplifier with a "thing." I knew what the "thing" was having seen it at STEM programming events. Never knew what to do with the thing. This was awesome. 

I said, to Dave, I know what that is, but the name . . .   He said, Makey Makey. Yes! He had it hooked up to a laptop and an amplifier. And you could play the drums on onions and a tomato and limes. It was so fun. And I amazed my friends, and Dave. You see, I have some music in me, it seems. 

And the real interesting thing came later. We were eating and listening to an oldies band and watching a group of teens take selfies and the like. We didn't take a selfie at dinner. And one said, she was ready to take out her phone while I was playing, and stopped. Thinking, no, I just want to be in the moment. 

How nice. Tech - when to use it and when to let it go - - - - - - 

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home